Bring Kennedy Space Center into any classroom with Kennedy Online Outreach & Learning (KOOL) Science. A distance learning studio with state-of-the-art multimedia technology, KOOL Science brings live video conferencing to the classroom with an expert educator. Each hands-on lesson addresses National Standards in science, technology and mathematics and specifically relates to NASA missions. Geared toward students in grades 5-8, lessons can be modified for students in grades 3-9.
- Cool Light explores photoluminescence, electroluminescence, chemiluminescence and bioluminescence.
- Use the Force, Newt explores Newton’s Laws of Motion.
- Survivor: SPACE investigates three challenges that astronauts face when living in a microgravity environment such as the International Space Station.
- It’s Only a Phase introduces students to the relationships of the Earth, moon and sun.
- Virtual Visit takes students on a guided tour of Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, using video clips and chroma-key technology to bring the visitor complex into the classroom.
Sign Up for our educator newsletter
PLAN YOUR MISSION
Make the most of your adventure with the best information to plan your visit.